Department of Management Studies, introduced in the academic year 2009-10 prepares students for the prominent Master’s Degree in Business Administration. The Department aims in sharpening the managerial skills and talents of students for a successful managerial career through modern pedagogical methods and participatory opportunities. Spread over 2 years (4 semesters), the students are exposed to the basics of management in all functional areas. Enriched with the foundational basics and practical exposure, the students enter the second year of the program, wherein they can select their specialization to enhance their career options and trans-specialization perspectives.
On regular basis the future mangers are encouraged to visit industries to have the necessary and needed exposure to the business environment.The department encourages participation in seminars, meetings, lectures covering wide variety of subjects conducted by various associations to update and upgrade knowledge in all functional areas of management.
The department is headed by a senior faculty who has cast experience in the field of management education. All staff members are equally experienced .Teaching to fulfill the needs of the students to meet their ends with flying colors.
To be a world-class knowledge enterprise striving for academic and professional excellence in research oriented Management education and development and service to the industry and society.
To be the global leader, in practice based Management education and research and to develop the institution into a centre for Excellence in Management Education in the country by meeting Global Standards.
Goals for MBA Department:
Short term goals:
- To stimulate the students towards live projects
- To improve the interpersonal skills and intrapersonal skills of the students
- To motivate the students to participate in national and international seminars and events
- To adopt new methodologies and trends in teaching
Long term goals:
- To conduct National level Seminar in Management Field.
- To groom and nurture the students to be professional and effective managers in the global business.
- To motivate the faculty members to do Ph.D in their domain.
- To promote the department as a research oriented centre